Chlorine Dioxide



This page will address the misconceptions regarding the safety, effectiveness and use of chlorine dioxide products.  

About Chlorine Dioxide (CLO2):

Discovered in 1811 by Sir Humprey Davy, the science behind Chlorine Dioxide has been rigorously studied and documented for decades for medical and commercial use.  The Niagara Falls New York water treatment plant first used Chlorine Dioxide for drinking disinfection in 1944. Currently, there are approximately 500 water treatment plants in the United States and over 1000 in Europe utilizing Chlorine Dioxide to purify municipal drinking water systems. Numerous studies have shown Chlorine Dioxide, when used at the appropriate concentrations, has no adverse health effects, either by skin contact or ingestion. 

One study is from the The American Council;  the communications organ of the $526 billion enterprise known as the chemical industry. It represents an economic force that employs 529,000 skilled professionals and provides over 4 million related jobs. 

Here are some excerpts from its article on Chlorine Dioxide:

  • Chlorine Dioxide is approved for use by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA),  Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and included in the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Guidelines for drinking-water quality. 
  • The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) also has approved the use of Chlorine Dioxide in certain food applications as well as over-the-counter and prescription drugs. 
  • Chlorine Dioxide can be used in mouthwashes and dentistry products as an oxidizing biocide compound. 
  • Chlorine Dioxide helps destroy bacteria, viruses and some types of parasites that can make people sick
  • Chlorine Dioxide has been used as a disinfectant since the early 1900’s. 

Given that Chlorine Dioxide is routinely added to drinking water, sprayed on food, used in tooth paste and mouthwash and is an approved ingredient in over-the-counter and prescription drugs, the media-generated hysteria that chlorine dioxide is “toxic bleach” is easily refuted. 

The active ingredient in Clorox (a household bleach solid in the USA) is sodium hypochloriteOne of the two ingredients used in the process of making chlorine dioxide is sodium chlorite  – a completely different compound.  Another compound with a similar sounding name is sodium chlorine, which also may sound “toxic” to the misinformed is a table salt. 

All three substances are made of sodium and chlorine atoms, but it is inaccurate to conclude they are similar compounds. They are different!

This video explains the chemistry of chlorine dioxide and its unique anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-heavy metal properties as well as its safety.


Is MyBlocker Safe?

Yes, it is safe.  Hopefully, you already read MyBlocker does not contain bleach or other toxic elements.  MyBlocker safely emits Chlorine Dioxide at a low concentration rate of .03 Parts Per Million (PPM).  This is 70% below OSHA’s daily Permissible Exposure Limit of .10 PPM.  

Why is this important? Nearly all substances that are used as medicines are non-toxic and non-medicinal at very low doses. At slightly higher doses (which are typically determined in a laboratory), these substances have medicinal properties. And these same substances that are medicinal at a particular dose are often lethal at a higher dose. Anyone who has taken a chemistry class knows this. 

For example, most people are familiar with Tylenol.  At a very low dose, Tylenol does almost nothing noticeable in the human body.  However, if an adult takes 325 mg of Tylenol for a fever or headache, they may notice a pain-relieving, fever-reducing medicinal effect. That same person who experienced relief from fever and headache at 325 mg may die if they take 12 times that amount (3,250 mg) within a 24 hour period.  Consequently, even Tylenol is dangerous if the doses are too high. 

In conclusion, MyBlocker is very safe at .03 PPM.  We have no association to the FAKE products from China that are trying to copy our technology.  

Here’s a “raw” video that compares our .03 PPM rating versus the astonishingly high PPM levels of the fake products.  The video underscores the importance of supporting a company that understands chlorine dioxide and the importance of delivering a finished product that meets and exceeds government quality and safety standards.  OSHA’s Permissible Exposure Limit is .10 PPM.   My

Chlorine Dioxide Test

Scientific Evidence of the Efficacy of Chlorine Dioxide at .03 PPM.

  • According to the European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research,  exposure to extremely low concentration of chlorine dioxide gas, at or below .1 ppm effect, has no harmful effect on animals, whereas .0.03 to 0.1 PPM, still has inactivation activities against bacteria and virus. Such concentrations of Chlorine Dioxide could be used without requiring evacuation of people to prevent infections by microbes floating in air in closed or semi-closed spaces, such as in the cabins of aircrafts, living rooms and spacecraft.  This effect of Chlorine Dioxide can be used to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, such as highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus, by increasing the quality of indoor air.  Currently, such a disinfectant is not commercially available (until MyBlocker).  To the best of our knowledge, the extremely low concentrations of chlorine dioxide are the only measure to prevent the infection by airborne microbes in the presence of humans. 

Read Independent Study

Download Independent Study 

NOTE:  MyBlocker, as the inventor and patent owner of the Phone Shield and Wearable Lanyard, is solely responsible for conducting and publishing all the Safety Studies.  MyBlocker a distributor, is not responsible for any of the Safety Study findings and test conclusions.